Friday 28 November 2014

Me And Claude Monet.

I have been busy lately doing paintings and growing my beard so I look like one of them old French impressionists. Maybe I look like Monet? I wish I could paint like him.

That picture of me in the hat? I am not wearing it for effect honestly. I always wear a rain hat indoors just in case I have to go outside suddenly and don't have time to put my rain hat on if it's raining. You can't see it in the picture, but I am also wearing waders in case I suddenly have to go outside and accidentally fall into a large water-filled hole in the ground. And also, I have an inflatable raft in my pocket. No, I don't. I am being ridiculous now.

I am trying to set up a website http://bain646.wix.com/john-bain-artist. It's one of them easy to do it yourself websites, except it isn't. Easy I mean. Still plenty to do to make it look good. Have I already told you about it? Apologies if I have.

I have also made a facebook page to sell my work on. It is also John Bain Artist if you want to rush and have a look. Mind you I think you have seen most of the paintings on it.

I have got a few commissions from the facebook page. I hope I don't get bored with it all. I always prefer to paint what I want to paint.
Beagle
Oil on canvas
16x12in

'Madalena'
Oil on canvas
16x12in

Cattle grazing
Oil on canvas
20x16in
The artist John Bain at his easel pretending he is painting.

Please tell your friends about my website etc. I have got a special offer at the moment. £45 for an oil painting from a photo, on canvas or board. 16x12in. Plus posting and packing. I don't make a lot from them after material costs, but I prefer to do plenty of paintings at a low price than none at a high price. I will never be rich that's for sure. Not in a monetary sense at least.











5 comments:

  1. You are not going to cut off an ear like Van Gogh are you? You have me a bit worried in that area. The paintings are exquisite. Little Madalena is adorable. I am on my way now to see your art site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you always amaze me. I haven't visited for some time, but I'm glad I did today. Good luck on your sales; you should have lots of fun, and hopefully more cash after some sales (don't undercharge!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John "Monet" Bain is a cute name...love love love all your paintings.
    Headed over to your website and Facebook page to check them out.
    I must give a thought to commissioning a painting of my boy Brownie...I think he would like that very much....but it may go to his head.
    The photo of you pretending to paint is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep on pretending to paint and all should be well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Beagle John. Friends of mine used to have one with an expression like that when I lived in Indiana. He was a great dog.

    ReplyDelete