Wednesday 6 February 2013

I Am Tired But The Spot Is No More.

I am tired. It is late. Almost midnight. It is a good tiredness I am feeling. I have been outside most of the day. It was quite a bright sunny day, but there was a biting North wind with it, and it stole what warmth the Sun offered.

Fairly early on Sadie the German Shepherd and I went for a long walk. It was to check out in advance where I hoped we would be walking tomorrow on our regular walk with Sam, and her dog Ned, the Border Collie. Well I am sure the dogs would have loved it, but it was too treacherously flooded and muddy I felt to bring any pleasure to us humans, so we have decided to leave that walk for another time. We might walk on the beach tomorrow instead.

This is the first time ever that I have known anywhere in this local area to be so consistently, and persistently bogged down and muddy, with vast areas of grassland turned to swamp. Something is going on with the weather in this country. I blame all the immigrants the government keeps allowing in. Or at least I would blame them if it wasn't considered to be politically incorrect! Well someone has to take the blame! Ha ha I do hope you realise I am joking?

By the way, in case any of you were concerned that I might still be disfigured by it, I ought to let you know that the spot on my nose has gone. I followed Emma Springfields advice and rubbed toothpaste on it, and sure enough it worked. Thanks Emma. No more spots have appeared anywhere else I am pleased to say. Of course I will let you know if any do. Except if they appear somewhere private. In which case they shall remain a secret between me and my tube of toothpaste.

Also, just in case you thought my post about the spot on my nose, was a bit naughty. I would like to point out that I did make sure that Sam was OK with me writing it, and I did read some of it to her before I published. She does read this blog and even though she knows my sense of humour I wouldn't write about her without her approval. As you know I am always the perfect gentleman. Actually I don't think she even noticed the spot. Probably because she was just so excited about being out with me. Oh blimey, here I go again. I had better shut up I think. Don't want to push my luck.

Tomorrow is supposed to start off fine and dry, but there will be more heavy rain later in the day. I hope the forecast is wrong about the rain. We haven't had a  prolonged dry spell for months. Roll on Spring, and please be a warm dry one. Please!

This has been a strange post. Sorry about that. It is because I am tired. I blame the government. Is government spelled with a capital G? I'm not sure. They don't deserve one if you ask me.

Good night. God bless.



7 comments:

  1. Night night,sleep tight...and don't let the buggers bite.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being one who doesn't mind in the least saying I told you so, I am glad you tried the toothpaste. I am sure Samantha will enjoy the unspotted John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless the Government (with a capital G ) is sending immigrants to Australia and upsetting our weather as we have been having floods and fires, no famine thankfully, we are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious to know what it is in toothpaste that performs miracle cures? Whatever,I'm glad it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out darn spot!! So glad the toothpaste remedy worked for you.
    Elections are in the air here, so I know the government would love to have government spelled with a capital G....not from me though.
    Enjoy your walk on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, you may very well have the makings to become a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know all is well again, now if only the weather would improve for your walks with Sam and pets.

    ReplyDelete