Thursday 13 October 2016

Just A Couple Of Things.

I have been having a bit of a think and wonder if any of you can answer a couple of questions for me because they are hurting my head?

Question one: Do fridge magnets work in outer space? Any magnet really not necessarily fridge magnets. I don't know why I said fridge magnets. When I was a boy we never had fridge magnets, Come to think of it we never had a fridge when I was a boy. The question is actually; do magnets work in outer space?

Question two: What direction does a compass point to if you are in outer space in a space ship?

Thank you in anticipation.











7 comments:

  1. I thought they must work in space because of some of the testing in space that I've read about. So I looked it up. Sure enough magnets do work in space. As for the compass it will point in the direction of the strongest magnetic point. I feel like I learned something. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much for me early in the morning, prefer to look at your paintings. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Emma. That saved me researching the magnet situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question, John! Magnets work here in our confluence of two continuua: one electro-magnetic (which is why radio signals propagate in outer space); and gravitational, which is how we orbit and experience mass and time. 2nd question would depend on where the strongest or nearest ferrous metal is. That is, as on earth, compass points north outdoors but, if in a cage, points at the iron bars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anseer to #1: Yes. Answer to #2: Really? Speaking of flying in outer space, if a spaceship that took off from Australia and met up with one that took off from England--would one look like they flying upside down to the other?

    May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome to use the header photo Jerry.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much for giving permission. Aside from the All category and the slideshow on the Home page, you can see your header under Daily Life, Literary, Pets and the United Kingdom.

      Delete