Wednesday 9 March 2016

Failure. I Could Spitfire.


Oh, how pathetic am I? Twenty three hours! That is how long I managed to stay off  Facebook after my recent deactivation. I had to do it. I had to go back on. Not my fault. I blame Mia the German Shepherd. She has her own Facebook page. Lots of followers too. Loads more than I have on my blog. I don't know how she does it? Her writing skills are amazing for a dog. Amazing even for a human bean come to that.

Mia the German Shepherd with reading glasses. Too much time in front of a computer perhaps?


Anyway, she begged me to let her keep doing her page. Not that I approve of dogs begging. So what could I do? I am not heartless. Of course I had to let her do it. Not that she needs my approbation. A clever dog like her. Oh yes, she may be clever but I bet she doesn't know how to spell approbation. Or what it means for that matter. Come to think of it, when I see some of the horrid things she has to say about me, maybe she should require my approbation.

The thing is, I thought, while I am back on it for Mia the German Shepherd's benefit I might just as well have a quick look at my own page. And well, you know what it's like. One look and I was hooked again. My mistake was in trying to withdraw cold turkey. I should have come off it in gentle easy stages. Perhaps I should have done some tweeting or instagrams to prepare myself. It doesn't take much to get a recovering addict off the wagon.

I will, of course be trying to break myself of the habit again. Not just yet though. I couldn't bear to see Mia the German Shepherd brokenhearted again.Not that I have anthropormorphised her in any way. I bet she can't spell that either. Not even sure if I can, come to that.

How do you spell approbation? Am I right in thinking it means approval? Mia the German Shepherd won't say. I think that confirms my suspicions regarding her literary skills. She's probably got a ghost writer. Someone really clever.

Did I mention the John Bain Artist page on Facebook. Yes, it's just one more thing I have to contend with in my battle. Here is a painting I did recently.

Spitfire Camouflaged.  John Bain
See you back here soon I hope. Mia the German Shepherd sends her love. She gets everywhere that dog!




5 comments:

  1. Please do not abandon us again. It's fine to enjoy your Facebook but we have been so happy to have you back here. Mia looks so intellectual. I guess it's true about dogs and their humans beginning to resemble each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes don't go John you make the day go smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You give me a laugh in the mornings. I come here before checking my own blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there and done that a couple of times, struck people off and got them backa gain, Oh this bloody digital age is driving me nuts...

    Just love the painting, you are so talented, how about a little exhibition somewhere.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose now Facebook has called you'll be abandoning us again. Willpower, John, willpower.

    ReplyDelete