Friday 21 September 2018

Artist's Easel. Home-made.

You can buy an artist's easel. There are many different types. There are cheap ones, There are middle of the range ones, and there are expensive ones. I have never had a really good easel so I decided it was time to treat myself to a decent one. I started looking. Crikey, the ones I liked were really pricey. "No way," I thought to myself, "I ain't paying that!" I had unhappily resigned myself to buying something cheaper, less suitable when it suddenly occurred to me that I should have a go at making  one myself.
What I came up with was the easel of my dreams. Had I bought something similar it would have cost around £1000. This easel I have made cost me less than £10. It is made from part of the carcass of an old sofa, bits and pieces of old timber that was lying about the place, a 5kg barbell, two small pulleys, six eye hooks, a length of steel wire and some screws.
I am very pleased indeed with it. Here is a video of me showing how it works and a photo of it finished with a coat of paint.Please excuse my appearance. I forgot to dress up for the event.



I hope you are well. Thanks for calling by.


4 comments:

  1. I do believe you are a genius. I'll bet this one will be sturdier and last longer that the one you saw at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, John. I like the colour of the finished product as well. You will get more enjoyment out of using it knowing how much money you saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is bloody genius and you are brilliant. Hope your health problems are getting sorted out, must say you look good.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great invention. Chuffin fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete