Thursday 9 August 2018

Stoned Out Of My Mind.

It was cool today. I'm not being hip by saying it was cool. I mean the weather was cool. Like in not hot. It has been unbearably hot for weeks. Unbearable for me that is. Tricia, my extremely handsome son George's mother loves the heat. 72 degrees fahrenheit is my upper limit. After that I'm done for. Luckily my showmans wagon home and my workshop remain relatively cool. This happened after I put the false roof on. It has created a space for the hot air to disperse before it reaches the inner roof. It wasn't intentional on my part. It is however a most welcome happenstance. Mia the German Shepherd loves to lie on the earth floor of the workshop to cool down.

We went for a walk, Mia the GS and I or should that be Mia the GS and me? I never know. Perhaps I knew once but have forgotten. I have forgotten a lot of what I used to know. Forgotten more than I now know. If it should happen that I got on to a quiz show my main problem would be needing a lot of time to recall answers. I would be hopeless against the clock. I think I shan't bother.

This walk of ours today. It was a slow paced ramble. On my part at least. Mia the GS has boundless energy and was to and fro all the time. She rarely goes further that a hundred yards in front before she dashes back to check I am still there. Apparently it is a GS trait not to go too far ahead. Quite touching really. We walked to the reservoir. Mia GS had a swim. I saw a little egret. These birds are becoming more common. Not so long ago they were not seen here at all. Buzzards are often seen  nowadays. They too were very rarely seen not that long ago having been persecuted for years. The occasional sighting of a red kite lifts the heart too these days.

The fields around here are full of small flintstones. For some time now I have been trying to find the perfect round pebble when I walk. I haven't yet managed to find a perfectly round one but I have come close. It is out there somewhere. If you scan the ground as you walk you will probably not be successful trying to find one. The secret of success is not to look for them. My best finds have happened when I wasn't actively searching the ground. Good luck made me look down at just the right moment. Haha you probably think I am quite mad or the sun has fried my brain. Searching for a round pebble indeed! I promise you it is not an obsession. Honest. I intend to one day leave my pebble collection to the nation.

My magnificent almost round flint pebble collection.
Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

  1. I understand about your rock collection. Every now and then I hear something calling me. When I look down there is an interesting stone. I have four that I keep right in front of my keyboard. As for the heat I allow up to 75 degrees. With the air conditioner on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone are the days when I collected pebbles, or anything else for that matter. I am rejoicing today because of a cool, almost cold breeze, which means I can actually go outside for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the heat, too - which is one of the (many) reasons I moved away from California and Texas. It's much cooler here in Tennessee (but humid).
    I really like the painting of your doggie at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep looking for square ones.

    ReplyDelete