Sunday 19 April 2020

Stay Safe. Stay Well.

Forgive me. I have sinned. It has been four months since my last blog.
I can't remember much of what has happened in the last four months. Did I tell you about my new art studio? Yes, I think I did mention it in passing last time I posted on here. It is now finished (almost) and I have been doing quite a lot of painting. I will see if I have any photos on this computer.
I have found a couple of studio photos. One interior showing a painting.


How are you keeping? I am well and pleased to say I have not succumbed to the pandemic. I am lucky to have lots of space around me and plenty to do. However I am now entering week five of the lockdown and distancing and hoping it won't be needed much longer. My thoughts go out to those souls who live in homes with not much space. I would definitely go stir crazy in that situation.
The strange thing is that before this all happened I was quite happily deciding to spent the winter of my years painting and making stuff and never leaving home again. Those thoughts have been banished. Should I be spared I will get my camper van on the road again and not be a stick in the mud. I ain't ready to give up yet.
What a strange situation this is. You couldn't make it up. Well, you could but only if you were writing  a book. I think we have almost ridden out the storm.
I don't know if anyone is reading this. I wouldn't blame you for giving up on me after all this time. But if you are, please stay safe and well.
Shaye Cohn. Tuba Skinny Band.
Oil on canvas
16in x 20in

Sir Patrick Moore Astronomer
Oil on linen on plyboard
22in x 25in (approx)







9 comments:

  1. It is so nice to hear from you finally. I was hoping you were enjoying yourself. Obviously you are. I love your studio. I hope all your family are well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, I was shocked to read of your son and grandson's car accident. Pleased to hear they are recovering and I hope things continue positively. All is well here apart from George's shop is struggling with no customers. Ebay is keeping him going with sales but even that is slowing down as everyone is short of money.
      Stay safe and well.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, John. It was good to see your name on my blog again. I like the paintings, and how! Are you selling or keeping them all to yourself?
    Keep it up, John, you will be famous yet. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie.I am selling some paintings, giving some away. The rest of them will be worth fortunes when I am dead and gone. :)
      Take care yourself

      Delete
  3. Still here and glad to hear from you. Your paintings are brilliant but sadly you will probably only be famous when you are in the ether as so many brilliant artists are. lol
    Don't let that deter you and post more often please.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Briony. I will try to post more often although there is not a lot going on at the moment. Thanks for still being here with me.

      Delete
  4. We haven't forgotten you, John - glad you're doing okay. I like your art studio, and your paintings are absolutely fantastic! Take care and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon.Thanks for your nice comments. Take care of yourself and stay safe in these strange times.

      Delete
  5. A belated hello, John, and I enjoyed seeing your artwork and that you are back online. Recently I did receive a couple of what looked like spam emails from a JBain and they were trashed. I am overly cautious about not opening any that are not immediately recognized. Glad you are doing well and staying safe as we are here in NH.

    ReplyDelete