Friday, 3 August 2012

Wash And Brush Up.

Well I have had a good scrub in the bath ready for my party. Hopefully I shall smell really nice, instead of my usual odour of wet German Shepherd.



Meanqueen arrived this evening. Her real name is Ilona, which I can't pronounce very well. Meanqueen-Lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com It should sound like El orna. But I am not saying it right. She says the way I pronounce it, will do.

Fortunately I had finished my bath when she arrived. Otherwise she might have turned tail and run.





We have just put her tent up at the second attempt. The first attempt failed after an ant invasion. She has got a proper bed in it.
We are going off to an open mic event shortly, where I shall practice a few songs for the party tomorrow. I'm not staying late. I still have preparations to do for tomorrows big day.

I hope to have plenty of pictures to show you of the party tomorrow.

This is not a very good post today. A bit rushed. Sorry about that. You are probably thinking, does he really take a bath like that?


9 comments:

  1. How did you know that's EXACTLY what I was thinking, John? But then again with some of your posts, one is never quite sure which is fact or fiction and that's not a problem as its always entertaining. Glad Ilona had a safe trip and looking forward to reading and seeing the birthday party post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did know exactly what I was thinking. I was also thinking when is the last time I wore a shower cap. Hope all goes well and everything turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all your preparations I predict a huge success for your party. It is wonderful that Ilona can represent the rest of your loyal followers. Is she going to perform at open mic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you probably do take a bath like that, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful photos! I especially like how the dog approaches your guest with a guarded shall-I-make-friends-with-you? look. I'm told I approach strangers the same way, sometimes on all fours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be a mindreader...lol. Hope all goes well and the weather behaves itself for once. Have a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I can report back that John has a very good singing voice, he was the best performer at the Open Mike last night. I slept very well, the ants didn't make it to the tent, though the slugs got a bit too close for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well it's better to take a bath like that than not at all :)

    ReplyDelete